Friday, September 20, 2013

Days 3-4





We drove the last miles out of alaska today through low muskeg swamps.



Finally we crossed into Canada. My first visit to a foreign country. They must speak a different language because no one can understand me.







We stopped a lot so mommy and pappa could watch me throw rocks into the water.




Canada geese (branta canadensis) headed south as well.




Imagine a view like this every where you look for hundreds of miles. I snap a picture of every snow capped mountain and then look back and realize its just like so many I have already taken.






Just when we thought it was all going to be beautiful mountain views, we found Kluane Lake.





I braved the cold water better than pappa, he stood on his board out of the water the whole time.







Mommy yelled and Pappa slammed on the breaks for this guy. I thought it was a moose but pappa said its an Elk. I name them all "doggy" anyway.




Mommy yelled and Pappa slammed on the breaks for this too. We slept in the parking lot and visited often.



Now that were in Canada cell/Internet service is sporadic. Check back often, I will post whenever I am able.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Sophie!!! Wave that Canadian flag!!! Keep the blogs going!!! Love hearing from you... Make sure Momma & Pawpaw buy you lots of steamers!!!

    ReplyDelete